Monday, April 18, 2011

(more) Issues

So I set foot in Italy today. It was only about 12 hours later than planned, 12 very painful hours. As you might have expected, there was one more delightful situation to be addressed...

In amongst switching planes and itineraries over the last day and a half, somehow my luggage got separated from me. I know, shocking, but I had a small sliver of hope that somehow my bag had ended up here via some route. No dice, it did not come off the conveyor from my last flight and no one can find it without an investigation. I suspect it is in some locked room in the Milan airport, but the lost bag people were not at liberty to tell me that. So, I filled out the form and now I wait to hear when they will deliver it.

While I was dealing with all this, my Italian friend Marco was waiting outside hoping to see me emerge. Finally I did, from a different door of course, so a bit of triangulation with less than 100% efficiency in communication resulted in us meeting up in really not that long given the way the rest of the trip went.

Then the drive to Legnago, I checked into the hotel and whew I can wash and relax and not wear the same clothes for a bit.

Have to deal with THAT problem in the morning... a new shirt would be nice, at a minimum.

For now I am thinking that a bit of sleep would be the right thing to do!




No comments:

Post a Comment